5 Things to remember when you collect keys to your new HDB flat!
Collecting the keys to your very own place can be an exhilarating feeling. After the long wait since your very first HDB appointment, selection of your desired unit, It's finally time to collect your keys! As such, we have written a simple article "5 Things to remember when you collect keys to your new HDB flat". Here we go!
1) Appointment Letter - Used for getting in line or a queue number. Remember to bring along your appointment letter on the day of key collection.
2) Identity cards - Collecting keys as a couple? Do bring along both you and your partner's IC's for verification and administrative purposes.
3) Marriage certificate - Buying a new flat as a newly wed? Show HDB your marriage certificate to certify that you're eligible for the finance/fiancee scheme .
4) Settle fire insurance. Located at 2nd story Atrium, take a queue number and remember to buy fire insurance for your new flat.
5) Activate gas at SP services. Not everyday do you travel to Toa Payoh unless you live around the area. If you're there to collect keys, and this is your first time paying for electrical bills and water bills, head right over to SP services HDB hub. Create an account with them there and you can activate electricity and water supply at the same time.
These are 5 really simple things to remember when you head down to collect your keys to your awesome new HDB flat.
Be sure to check out our HDB series on WunderTV for more information, catch a glimpse of some of the stuff we needed to do when we first checked into our flat. We document the entire journey in our HDB renovation series. Links are all located below.
We hope you enjoyed this read! Share it with people who are new flat owners. It'd probably go a distance in helping them :)